Got 25 minutes? Sure you have. Spend them wisely, checking up on your website’s appearance and efficiency. There’s so much more you can do but if you spare half an hour or so on the following, you’ll know you’ve done something proactive, smart and potentially business-building.
- Refresh your FAQs page – If you don’t have one, consider starting one. People LOVE Frequently Asked Questions pages because they can get answers to their questions without having to call you. FAQs show that you care about providing service, and they also help to avoid the amount of time answering ‘tyre-kicker’ questions. And finally, FAQs can help to simplify things for your potential customer as they point the way towards satisfaction. Spend 5 minutes today reading through your FAQs and adding more that you’ve been asked since the past was last updated.
- Update your About Us page – As our businesses evolve and change direction, it can become necessary to update our qualifications, mention new recognition and awards and add any new, vital information that has emerged since the last update.
- Tidy up any missing images – Does your website contain images that are either no longer appearing, or are out of date? Click through each page and check if your pictures need replacing, cropping or removing altogether.
- Check for broken links – It can be extremely frustrating when you’re trying to navigate around a website and more links seem to be broken than functioning. You’ve gone to a lot of trouble to have your website built, written and designed for easy navigation. It could be time for a little housekeeping.
- Revisit your Contact page – Are all your contact details up to date? Go through every item individually and make sure everything is 100% correct. Test the links and forms and make sure you’re receiving the communication you’ve set your page up to capture.
Keeping your website content fresh keeps the search engine crawlers happy. Keeping it up to date keeps your visitors satisfied. You have nothing to lose except 1/16 of your working day!